Monday, June 30, 2008

Prayers

Beautiful.

As a wave of wind through the fields,as light beckons, and licks the wounds,
the fireworks explode, a shimmer in the darkness.
Our words are heard by the mountains.
we are ushers, fieldworkers, migrants, a choir.
borders...are not.

She hugs me and wants to be part of the wave.
hot palms press toward future.
love letters for home.
their tears pave the way to the golden streets
for my mom, los vecinos, y todos.

Today is the day.
She is healed.

My heart is filled with love.
I love los angeles. I love my mother. i love my friends, my co-workers, my neighbors.

In child's pose i pray. would that we could be a vessel of light. I get distracted by ice cream, cigarrettes, by boys and tv, but OH! that i would be made up of light.

The light that binds up wounds, that makes pancreases produce the right amount of insulin, that remind the heart to beat quietly and steadily and the thyroid to be at ease. The light that scrap the scales off our eyes.

Help us to remain in your love that we might overflow,
like the wind in the field.
like the words on a page.
like the fountain at tabernacles.
like song.

1 comment:

Chanell said...

you have touched my heart with these words my dear.