Thursday, February 18, 2010



At the beach the waves were raising
Like large temporary cities. So large, I lost
My mother’s surfboard and the military
Found it and I had to search the docks
For the military. I found the military
By their hair cuts and by the fact they
Called their homes barracks. The surf
Boards they found were many and some
Were covered in tattoo roses, red. At the
Beach, I also saw a shark, the lifeguard
Said this was not a dangerous shark,
But when the waves rose again, and
We shined our flashlight, he looked a lot
Like jaws and I didn’t want to get back
In the water. There were also killer
Whales with their black and white
Markings. They were visiting, but
Only for a moment. The land was not
Kind to them. Then I saw other killer
Whales, but they were not black
And white, they were purple and orange
Imitating the colors of airlines, trying
To look like airplanes. I was so mad
Consumerism had affected the whales.

No comments: