Saturday, April 03, 2010

Saturday before Easter

This week we can identify with the Lord each step of the way from the Mount of Olives to Calvary. When it comes to the resurrection, the imagination boggles, yet it is the centre of our faith. Lord, teach me to love my face and body, my temple of the Holy Spirit. It will grow old and die with me, but that is not the end. My body is sacred, and Easter opens a window for it and me onto a mysterious but endless vista.

at first these two sentences seemed unrelated, Body / Easter.

But easter is a fully embodied holiday. The body mysterious. The body glorious. Death in the body. Pain in the body. Temple curtain torn. We are now the temple in our bodies.

Oh body. Oh wholly body, skin, and sinew. Synapses. Touch. Cut. Dress the body. Care for the body. Temple. Temple. Temple.

Holy. Holy. Holy.

Spirit. Here, now. Spirit, awaken my body.

No comments: