Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A is for Appropriation

Recently, I've been inspired by two friends and their blogs--one started a new blog, and the other gave herself the alphabet challenge. So thank you to these friends who have inspired me to re-appropriate my old blog and start writing on it again.

Another A is the Autumnal A, which is quickly getting away from me. Snow fell today. But before that happened, I finally got to jump around in piles of leaves. Messing up piles of leaves is an activity for every child in the Midwest, and since I came to the Midwest in my 20s I hadn't found a pile of leaves that I could guiltlessly jump and kick. (Raking is hard work and takes a lot of time.)But on Thanksgiving day, Russell and I and some of the Rolffs clan made it out to the park for good old fashion frisbee, bocce ball, and leaf fights. (These leaves were public leaves, and no one had raked them into piles.)

No comments: