Friday, December 16, 2011

F is Fridays


Fridays are the one day of the week where R and I both do not work so we: do laundry, dishes, sweep, take care of our pet worms (they are for compost) and do other very boring and wonderful things.

This friday is also being taken up by some other Fs. The grade kind. My students are none too happy to receive this letter. I am none too happy to give this letter. We are all miserable.

F is also for fruit flies. This comes with composting. Solution: apple vinegar and a few drops of dish soap.

F is also for FREE. Last night I went see a free poetry event at the Chicago Art Institute. I liked Peter Sis's drawings more than the words of his book, The Conference of Birds. After the presentation I was able to walk around the museum and I was quite impressed. (See picture, by Peter Sis.)

F is also for finding. That is finding my way. It seems every couple of years, I'm at an impasse: What do with my life? Now its Finding Our Way. R and I, what do we want to be when we grow up??


1 comment:

Unknown said...

F is for first post ever on the world wide web. Thanks for the inspiration, A + the letter F!